Love this! Had to reblog it. Please be blessed by it.
I’m unique! So are you! Regardless of our cultural and spiritual beliefs and customs, I think deep down we all know that we are each ”different” from one another. Lately, I have heard more negativity concerning being “different” than usual and so I think it’s time to turn a negative into a positive. Please join me in celebrating a Different Kind of Holiday. It seems fitting, I believe, to introduce this on a day when many of us celebrate Halloween, with its custom of creating unique costumes to wear and its custom of sharing treats with one another, whether people we know or people we do not.
I believe a “Different Kind of Holiday” should be one in which we do not seek to hide our differences, but rather celebrate them! I believe our differences or uniqueness is a blessing and I further believe that we grow in so many good ways by embracing our authenticity. Join me, will you?
On this day, I’d like us to:
- Dress in our own choice of fashion or custom
- Share our heart with those around us
- Truly listen to one another and accept one another’s uniqueness
- Seek to view the positive in one another – for we find it when we look for it
- I will dance to my own music and invite you to dance with me
- You will sing your own song and I will sing along with you.
- We will have a neighborhood block party and share our favorite dishes and all will try something new!
- We will celebrate community by actively participating in the lives of our neighbors in a positive way!
- You will present your unique ideas to me and I will listen with an open mind!
- I will offer my thoughts as well and you will truly listen and consider them.
- I have talents you may not have. I will share them with you.
- You have talents I do not have and you will share them with me.
We so often speak of “the way life USED to be.” My “Different Kind of Holiday” presents the “way life truly COULD be.” Some may smirk and some will believe me naïve . . . but perhaps in your heart of hearts you may recognize, instead, a seed of hope?
A Different Kind of Holiday – Celebrate it today!
Try to make at least one person happy every day. If you cannot do a kind deed, speak a kind word. If you cannot speak a kind word, think a kind thought. – Lawrence G. Lovasik –
Your love fills my soul
And your peace
Is like nothing I could imagine.
This morning I woke with a start,
I stopped to think
And stumbled off the path.
My fear frozen heart beat too fast
And my mind drew me
In another direction
But not a good one.
I breathed deeply,
I called out to you,
And you showed me the map
Leading me back to you.
The peace in my soul
Softly comforted me.
Ready for a new day
Filled with wonder,
Filled with you.
By Martha L Shaw – copyright 10-30-12
My new RECIPES page is already growing and has been redesigned for ease of use. I hope you’ll put your favorite link in the comment section on my recipe page so I can share yours with everyone!
This must be shared! We all have struggles we do not care to admit to, but when you consider giving up because “nobody cares” it is vital that you remember the One who does and realize the blessings received are but a sampling of the ones to come!