I am happy to share with you that I have been blessed to be nominated for a Kreativ Blogger Award.
It was created by bloggers to promote other bloggers and comes to us from the author of the blog
“Did Jesus Have a Facebook Page?”
I am grateful.
I am so happy to not only have received this honor but also have the opportunity to share my faith with all of you, my friends and readers. To God be the glory! In order to accept this award, I must select 6 individuals to nominate for their own Kreativ Blogger Award and I need to “confess” to all of you 10 things you likely do not know about me. I am not sure which part will be more difficult, the confessing or limiting myself to just 6 folks to nominate! Well, I can do this. Hey, if David Letterman can come up with his top ten, then so can I!
To begin, I would like to nominate the following 6 bloggers to receive this award:
Now, as to what you might not know about me . . .
1. When I was a baby, my parents gave me the nickname “Muffin.” To this day I do not know what they were thinking and if I bumped into my Godparents even now they’d run over to give me a hug and greet me with “Hi Muffin!” Sigh. Still, there are worse nicknames and until now most people in my life didn’t know about this one.
2. Speaking of names, I had a cousin, my Mom’s cousin actually, and she lived in the country. Perhaps this is why whenever she saw me as a child she’d greet me loudly with “Hi, Martha Lee!” I always promised myself if I had children, I’d be careful in selecting a middle name just incase they met cousin Frances . . .
3. Okay, this is a big one. Prepare yourself. I am originally from the northeast . . . MA, to be specific. I am a Boston Red Sox fan. The big reveal? My second favorite team in the New York Yankees! This has gotten me in trouble for years and I dare not go to a game because where would I sit? My dream is that the teams which make it to the World Series every year would be my Red Sox and the Yankees!
4. At my church during the peace, we always seem to be hugging and kissing. It’s wonderful. Good thing it wasn’t that way when I was a kid, though. When I was very young, I was sure if a male kissed me I’d get pregnant!
5. So, I enjoy quilting and you probably know this from this blog and my second one. It might surprise you to know that if I lose a button off a blouse, that blouse will upon laundering wind up in the back of the closet minus said button and likely will never be seen again . . . I hate sewing buttons on and will only do so if I “have to.”
6. I love reading . . . one of my favorite ways to relax? Indulging in a really good children’s book. Sadly, the children in my life have outgrown them, but I never did. How sad!
7. You might hate me for this one, but if the driver on the road behind me acts impatient, I slow down. Life’s too short, get over it.
8. I have never learned to swim. I almost drowned once and it kinda lost it’s appeal for me after that. I love cruises though. Spoil me. Please. Hey, I figure if the ship tips over, I know Jesus will be with me and if Peter could walk on water, maybe I can too?
9. Green living – well, I’m not the most dedicated to it. I don’t have patience when it comes to washing my rubbish, but if eating spinach counts, I’m in! I could live on spinach! Hey, if you remember childhood cartoons then you know it is powerful stuff!
10. The BIGGEST REVEAL YET. I actually think this rotten, stinkin’ economy was a blessing to me. Yes, it is true. I’ve always been a Christian, but during this time of wondering how I’d keep a roof over my head without a job (and I am still wondering about that) I’ve come to know Jesus in a wonderful way and more deeply than I’ve ever known Him. Life has had it’s tragic parts and might have more, but if going deep with Jesus means living through those times too, it’s worth it and I’d do it all over again. I just love Him so much!
I was nominated by http://keziahcarrie.com/ and I thank her very much. I encourage you to check out her blog!