Blessings and Greetings to my delightful readers, followers, and friends:
Though a challenge or two (health and otherwise) have slowed me down a bit recently, the Lord continues to bless me and this post is proof. One of His friends, Cheryl, cshowers aka “Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones”. has honored me with not one but three blog awards which truly bless me. Before life gets in the way, I will follow her lead and combine my acceptances in one post! Thanks so much Cheryl. I am so pleased and blessed. Been to her blog? You will want to return. You will be blessed indeed. Not met her yet? Oh, you are in for a treat! Click the link at the beginning of this paragraph to learn more about her work and these awards!
What follows is my acceptance for the Shine On Award the Beautiful Mama Blog Award and the Super Sweet Blogging Award (Not a mama? There are different ways to be a mama so please do not feel unworthy if you are on my list and hadn’t thought of yourself as a mama.)
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Put the Award on your blog.
- Share 7 little secrets about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 10 other bloggers who make others happy too.
Seven Little Secrets About Me:
- My nickname, as a child, was Muffin. It has been hard to live down, so let’s keep it between us, okay?
- I love reading children’s books with or without a child nearby!
- I love love LOVE hats, but look terrible in them!
- I sometimes SNORE.
- I LIKE IT WHEN A MAN HOLDS THE DOOR FOR ME OR GIVES ME HIS SEAT. At my age I’m not supposed to like it. Lol
- I love second-hand bookstores!
- I brake for hardware stores and thrift shops!
- Click the award image, save it and use it in your acceptance post.
- List 3 things you love about motherhood.
- Nominate other deserving mamas; you may choose as many as you like. (And let them know of the nomination)
My Three Things:
- Obviously, I love my children, but the truth is, “my” children are not really my own. I have not yet been blessed with any, but am Godmother, daughter, role reversal caregiver, aunt, and “aunt” to many and love them as though they were my own. My favorite holiday memory has always been having my sweet “kids” help with baking. Now college grad(s) but . . .
- Is there anything more blessed than seeing a child grow and “become” all that he or she is meant to be?
- Oh, the things I’ve learned from my kids! We fool ourselves into thinking we teach them!
- Answer the question listed below
- Nominate other blog friends (if you want)
- Post the award logo somewhere on your blog.
- Send a link to the nominees so they are aware you are giving them the award and/or tag game.
Here is your question, nominees, to get your awards:
Name the one thing you are grateful for today (excluding this tag game/blog award.)
I am so grateful that God chose me to be His beloved daughter:
“You didn’t choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit that will last, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My name.”
~ John 15:16
He delights in us! Isn’t that the most amazing, exciting, completely awesome thing? I could cry, I could giggle, I could jump up and down and clap my hands . . . all at once. Hard to type that way, so will do that later.
And now, here are the five people who I would like to nominate for all of the awards above!